Monday, October 10, 2011

Today I had the pleasure of seeing most of Mokpo. Rik's friend "Shorty" seen in one of these photos was kind enough to drive us around to sight see. He took us to a Japanese garden and then to the Mountain of Mokpo.  There I was able to take pictures of the city.  It is amazing how large and sprawling the city is but is considered small by Korean standards. Shorty also drove us around the fish markets and then to an island with many farms.  He was amazed I knew about the fruits and veggies that were being grown and that I had an interest in it.  He thought because I was a Doctor's wife I was not interested in Farmers.  In fact Shorty was amazed I worked at all!! Geez I can't even come to Korea with out getting a bit a 'tude.  Guess that stereotype is every where. We also had a wonderful meal, where they cooked the meal at our table and the owner's Mother made the Kimchee.  He told us that the Kimchee was about 2 years old. It has been the best Kimchee I have had so far.  After lunch Shorty took us to the track where on Thursday they will start the festivities for the Korean F-1.  We drove around the outside of the track and then up to the Hyundi Hotel that over looked it all.  Town has started to fill Europeans and you can here Italian, German and British accents all over.  In a few days it will be crazy here and very crowded. Luckily we will be gone.  In the mean time as Rik is working I am walking around the town and in and out of the shops.  I have never seen such great Knock off Louies, I may breakdown and buy one yet.  Also if Seoul has the prettiest shoes, Mokpo has the best children's clothes.  I will take pictures when the shops are closed, but if I had a little one I would need another suit case.  Well back out to watch the light and water show, more pictures and stories tomorrow.  When you look at the pictures, check out my room!! Very iron curtain 1950's   To Kelsey tomorrow's post will have paragraphs!

 Mokpo from a bridge

 Rik by the F-1 poster
 Views fro the Hotel

 Mokpo Boat building



 Race track view





Mokpo's mountain
 Mokpo's bell on it side


 Rik and Shorty




 Me with Statue of Korean Naval Hero





 Light and water show



 dinner cooked on hot coals at table
 Mokpo's water walk and famous stones


 Evening in Mokpo


 My "love Room"


 Beard Papa at the mall in Seoul

1 comment:

  1. 1. Perkins' kids loving 'Kung Fu Panda' pic,... skadoosh!
    2. Also love the suspension bridge photo. Quite amazing. I think you should enter that one in an amateur photo contest state-side when you get home.
    3. 'Shorty' isn't so short, is he?

    ReplyDelete